(*click on each title below to see the videos)
Place 1.5tbs Masala Chai (1tbs Chicory "Chai") in 300ml teapot.
- Add 150ml 100°C water, steep 2 min.
- Add 150ml steamed milk.
- Agitate & remove strainer. Stir in 2tsp honey* and serve.
- Place 100g chai into 1L jug.
- Steep for 8 min in 100˚C water.
- Strain into carafe. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
For every 1L* of chai you wish to make:
*simply maintain the ratio of 5tbs masala chai (3.5tbs/L Chicory "Chai") per 1L of liquid (50% water, 50% milk) for volumes greater than 1L.
Bring 500ml of water to the boil in a pot on a cooktop.
Add 500ml of milk, once combination begins to bubble, turn down to a simmer i.e. 60°C
Add 5tbs of Masala Chai (3.5tbs Chicory "Chai"), 3tbs honey, stir well, leave covered for 3 min.
Pour and strain through a large strainer/sieve with muslin cloth over it into an electric urn or thermo dispenser
Dispense and serve to order