The cast iron material with its inner enamel lining preventing rust, offers incomparable longevity. The removable (and replaceable) strainers are specifically designed with sufficient width and depth to allow water to infuse thoroughly with the tea.
This 300ml (2 tea cups) version is ideal for individual serves and quiet self-contemplation.
Instructions for use:
- Before using to brew tea, boil a pot of water and pour it out to prepare the pot for use.
- After each use, make sure that the pot is clean and dry to prevent the formation of rust. If water is left in the pot, chemicals from minerals in the water may eventually erode the enamel coating.
- Tea should not be left in the pot overnight.
- In the unlikely event of rust, the pot can still be used. After cleaning the rusted area with a soft brush, boil used teabags or tea leaves. The tannic acid from the tea will reach naturally with the iron producing a coating over the rusted area. This will also prevent the recurrence of rust.
- Store your pot in a cool, dry place or put it on display.
- Cannot be used in dishwasher.